Tuesday 16 October 2012

Auntie Tor's Brownie Recipe

These brownies are pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. I'm not normally the biggest brownie fan as I'm not a big dark chocolate fan, but even I like these ones and they where gone in 5 minutes when I took them to work.
I got the recipe from my aunt, who got it from a TV programme but she reckons she has tweaked it enough not be plagiarised.
These are quite quick and easy to make so here we go.

Ingredients:
225g Unsalted Butter
100g Dark Chocolate
200g Caster Sugar
4 Large Eggs
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
50g Plain Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
Pinch of Salt
75g of Hazelnut Pieces
Makes roughly 18 large pieces.




1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate over gentle heat.
3. In a separate bowl mix the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
4. Mix in the melted chocolate and butter with the sugar eggs and vanilla.
5. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix.
6. Mix in the hazelnut pieces.
7. Pour into a pre lined baking tray.
8. To add something a bit extra, take some small hazelnut chunks (get the hazelnut, put it in a bag and bash it until you get some nice small pieces, or go to Tesco where they sell them already bashed.) and sprinkle them on top.
9. Bake for roughly 25 minutes (baking time depends on how thick your brownies are).
10. Take out the brownies, leave to cool then cut, or if you are like my boyfriend, dive straight in!



Enjoy!

                                                                                        

0 comments:

Post a Comment