Sunday 17 March 2013

My Kiehl's Skincare Consultation

If you follow me on Twitter then you probably know I like to complain. A LOT.
I am bit of a stickler for customer service considering I worked in it for so many years, and while I do think it's important to complain about bad service, I also think it's important to applaud good customer service too.

The other day whilst out with the lovely Sophia from Tattooed Tea Lady I received such exceptional service I had to share my experience.

We was in Liberty and I mentioned how much I wanted the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, so Sophia encouraged me to have one of the Kiehl's free skincare consultations that comes with samples.

The Kiehl's consultant asked me what I was currently using and if I had any areas of concern or anything in my routine that I would like to change.
After the initial discussion she then placed some pads on my face that showed the oil levels of my skin. That part was very interesting because although I suspected my skin was dry it's always nice to have someone else confirm your beliefs.

After the talk through my skin care routine the consultant then went on to tell me about products that she thought would enhance my skin care routine, and this was more about adding certain products to my routine that would benefit me, rather than completely changing all my current skin care items for Kiehl's products. 
This is something that I found very encouraging, there is nothing worse then a pushy sales assistant who will try to get you to completely over haul your skincare products using only their brand.
The consultant clearly knew the Kiehl's products very well, and she also knew quite a lot about other brands including some of the ones that I use which is great as she clearly knows the skincare market well. She never bashed any other brand either or said that Kiehl's would be better, which I have seen some other assistants do and it's really off putting. 



The products she recommended for me was the Midnight Recovery Concentrate (great because I wanted to try this anyway) and the Midnight Recovery Eye because I currently use the same skincare products in the morning as I do in the evening and these products will be good additions to help with my dry skin.

She also recommended the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado because I told her I wasn't satisfied with my current eye cream. 

I also received a couple of samples of the new Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque, which I am excited to try as I have been thinking of picking up the Origins masque.  The other samples I received where of the Cucumber Herbal Alchol Free Toner and the Ultra Facial Cleanser.



I left feeling confident in the knowledge of the products recommended to me and excited to try them out, I also left feeling incredibly confident in the consultants skin care knowledge.
The whole consultation experience was lovely because it gave me a one to one chance to find out about Kiehl's as a brand and the products, and believe me, I asked a lot of questions, most of them probably really stupid. Not once did I feel pressured to buy anything. 

If you are near a Kiehl's stand or store definitely go for one of these consultations, they are so informative and interesting, and most importantly free! 
I know I will definitely be picking up the two eye creams and Midnight Recovery Concentrate with my next pay check. And probably the masque too...

I will also be emailing Kiehl's about the amazing customer service I received as I have the name of the women who served me, customer service this good deserves to be rewarded, so if you receive great customer service in the future, be sure to tell the company!

Have you used Kiehl's before? I'm new to the brand and so excited to try it!

20 comments:

  1. I love it when you receive exceptional service. So many people are only keen to contact the company when they have received bad service so good for you for contacting them as good service deserves rewarding. After hearing about your experience I am definitely going to seek out a Keihls counter :)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently if someone receives bad customer service they are likely to tell 3 friends, if they receive good service they only tell one person, such a shame.

      And yes do! I have been trying out my samples, the creamy eye cream is amazing! x

      Delete
  2. There's nothing worse than having a sales assistant push an entire new skincare routine on you. I always end up leaving without picking up anything, even if I had my eye on a product beforehand. It's always comforting when they have a good knowledge of other brands though so I'll definitely seek out my nearest Kiehl's counter after reading this post. Thanks for sharing! X Becky

    cosmeticdebris.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I completely understand that sales assistants are meant to sell things, but I don't appreciate being told what I'm using is wrong and any less better then what they have. Definitely check out your local counter, they have gorgeous window displays too! x

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad I persuaded you (OK, practically forced) to have a consultation. Kiehls is such a lovely brand and you're right - She was a fantastic representative and Kiehls should be proud to have such passionate and experienced staff. Just popped on my overnight mask for the first time, eee! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't tried mine yet, I've been keeping everything unopened so I can take pictures for the blog haha. Tried the eye cream a couple of times now, it's amazing! Can't wait to try the mask. x

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely considering trying Kiehl's out now after reading this, I'm the same as you about customer service, working in retail has ruined me! It's lovely to hear that their are still people out there who can give good service and I'm excited to see what the Leeds store is like!

    Laura x
    laurajadeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's working in retail followed by a reception job that has ruined me too haha. Oh a whole store? So exciting! There is one in Stratford I would like to visit. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

      Delete
  5. I have nominated your blog for a Liebster Award, the post is here http://luckfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-award.html :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, great customer service is enough to make me a loyal customer for sure! Although I also try to understand that everyone has a bad day every once in a while. I love hearing about the beauty products you like, I definitely have a list for when I visit the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiehl's is actually a US brand, I think it started in New York so you should have no problems getting it over there, and it might even be slightly cheaper :) x

      Delete
  7. I totally understand when it comes to customer service and I too work in the field.

    I'm glad you had a good experience there. I went to Selfridges the other day and went to one of the makeup counters, a man approached me and asked me if I needed help. I asked a few questions about some of their products and what would best suit my skin type etc.

    He was just out for a sale, he told me one thing and then 3 minutes later said something that completely contradicted what he'd said before about a certain product. This put me off and I ended up walking away without buying anything because he wasn't very helpful to me personally, just wanted sales.

    Also, because I said I had purchased from that brand before, he asked for my post code to see if I was registered, so he could see what I had bought before (I couldn't remember exactly which powder I had before) and although I wasn't on there, my neighbours details all came up and lists of what they had bought. I told my mom, she said its not good, what if its private, and its just there on the screen for everyone to see.

    I'm just rambling now, what are your thoughts on this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of companies keep peoples purchases on file, if you have any sort of reward card, like the boots one they have all the records of everything you have bought, most the time you have to give permission for the companies to keep these details so your neighbour would know that they have their details.

      I hate people who are just out for a sale. I know that as a sales person that is your job, but you should want the person to go away with the right products and then they will come back to the same sales person because they trust them!

      Delete
  8. ooh i want a kiehls consultation I've been eyeing up the midnight recovery serum for a while! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go do it before work! Free samples, yay. Definitely getting the midnight serum and the eye creams.

      Delete
  9. Hey chickadee, just letting you know i'v nominated you for a Liebster award over on my blog:

    http://www.littleblondelife.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    Sammie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, samples are so fun, they remind me of little candies! Or mini-skeins. I'm so glad you had such an excellent experience, and that you're emailing the company to let them know about it!

    x Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little candles! Ah just another one of my obsessions!

      Delete