Sunday 14 April 2013

Where has the knitting gone?

You may have noticed a severe lack of knitting posts recently, well chances are you haven't but I wanted to discuss it anyway.

Do you ever find that you have all these things you want to do, but either life gets in the way or something else just crops up? I have been getting a lot of that recently.
I started reading The Mortal Instruments, which is a absolutely amazing series, but where I was so into reading that and wanting to read it all the time I ended up having no time for anything else, either that or I come home from work and flop myself down in front of the TV with my laptop which achieves nothing.

Something I am trying to do now though is give myself enough time to do everything I want to do, without over doing it on one particular hobby. At the moment I read on my commute to and from work because I have a kindle which is small so it's easy to do on the packed tube, I knit on my lunch break because it allows me to put in my headphones, ignore everyone and detach myself from work (it's also very relaxing after a stressful morning) and in the evenings I do exercise 3 times a week and on the other 2 evenings I make sure I am actually doing something, normally taking photos for the blog and writing posts. I'm all about being productive with my time at the moment, although weekends are a completely different matter!

It's only this past week that I have got back into knitting so here is what I have been up to.


Nothing fancy, just another plain vanilla sock to go with the first one I knitted, despite the fact that they are completely different colours, I'm sure they will still make a lovely pair.
It feels good to get back into knitting, I forgot how relaxing it is.

I know this post was a bit all over the place, but I hope it makes sense.
I'm very happy with my new mini schedule and I find that I am being a lot more productive, lets just hope I stick to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment