Saturday 8 December 2012

Haul!


OK I admit, I have a shopping addiction, but as long as I share what I have got in a post that makes it OK right? Anyway, here are some bits I have picked up in the last few weeks.

First up is the Antipodes H2O Intensive Skin - Plumping Serum.
I have been obsessed with skin care recently, and my current moisturiser isn't cutting it in the cold, harsh weather we seem to be having recently.
Originally I was looking for a night cream, but I saw this when browsing in Zest Pharmacy (amazing pharmacy with lots of great beauty brands in Soho), I thought it looked interesting and I have never tried anything from Antipodes and I've never tried a serum either so I thought this would be a good way to try out both those things at once.
I'll still keep my eye out for a nice night cream, but hopefully this will keep me going until then.

Next up is my Diptyque candle.
I got the scent Opopanax after spending ages sniffing it in Liberty.
I know it seems ridiculous spending that much on a candle, but it is a luxury and I totally believe in the aromatherapy benefits. I got a Ambre Diptyque candle a couple of weeks ago and it really does uplift and relax me after a hard day at work, and personally I don't think you can put a price on something that can affect your mood so positively. 
Unfortunately I now have a cold so I can't describe the scent, but it is in the woodsy family, which is the same family as Ambre so I have high hopes for this candle too. 

Finally we have a few bits from Pixi.
I went in there looking for the Glow Tonic after Caroline Hirons from Beauty Mouth raved about it, but due to her praises the Glow Tonic had run out.
Not wanting to leave empty handed I decided to check out the rest of the skin care range.
I am currently using a Alpha H moisturiser that I'm not crazy, but it is nearly run out so I decided to get a moisturiser to replace it.
The sales assistant tried some of the Face Shield on my hand, and I fell in love. It felt lovely and soft, is unscented and has SPF in it so I decided to go for it.
I was then told that the skin care was buy one get one free, bargain!
After a bit of debating I decided to go for the Quick Fix Face Mask, a mask to perk up your skin and only needs to be left on for 3 minute, I thought it would be great for mornings when I'm not looking my best (or I'm hungover).
I also picked up a nail polish that isn't pictured as it was a gift for someone, but for getting 3 products I got a free eyeshadow palette.
They had 3 palettes but I went for the Pretty Punk palette because it has some nice smokey colours.
So I got, a face mask, face moisturiser, nail polish and eyeshadow palette for £32, not bad! 


I promise not to buy anymore skin care before Christmas....


4 comments:

  1. Honestly, I think that skin care items are definitely a good investment and the ones you picked out look fantastic. I've had my eye on some pixi products for a while now, I would love to hear your opinions on them. Also, any day with new eyeshadow is a good day, I'm a little addicted to buying new sets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with investing in skin care, your face is definitely worth investing in, it's what everyone sees and you have to live with it for years!
      I'll let you know how the Pixi skin care goes, hopefully I can get the Glow Tonic soon and do reviews of the skin care line.
      I am a eyeshadow fiend too, recently I got the Loran Pro Palette, that is a thing of beauty and is probably my favourite palette I own.

      Delete
  2. I am in love with Antipodes and completely on a mission to own ALL of their skincare products haha :) So jealous of this haul! The Antipodes serum is on my wish list, I'd love a Diptyique candle and the rest just made it's way on to my lust list after this post!! You can never have too much skincare :) It's my biggest beauty love xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like Antipodes, its nice to know it comes recommended!
      My obsession with skin care and luxury candles is getting to a bad (for my bank) point!

      Delete