Sunday 13 January 2013

Finished Object - GAP-tastic Cowl



I have just finished knitting the GAP-tastic cowl by Jen Geigley.
It's design is inspired by one she saw sold in GAP, hence the name.

Its a very simple cowl, knitted in moss stitch which gives it a lovely texture, however as you can see it is very long and thick for a cowl, I had to use 3 skeins to get the right width! It was actually quite repetitive to do because it was just moss stitch knitted in the round which made it quite a boring project to knit.
It's knit in chunky though so at least you can see it taking shape quickly.

I used Malabrigo Chunky in Polar Morn, the same colour I used in my Orchids and Fairy Lights hat, but the chunky has a lot more variation in its colour then the worsted weight. It's gorgeous and soft yarn though, and I love the colour variation on it.

Considering it is about to snow tomorrow I think I finished this just in time and love how warm and snuggly this is. Despite how tedious this was to knit I loved the way it turned out and can't wait to pair it with my hat! 


1 comment:

  1. Moss stitch is boring but I really like the effect. Isn't chunky yarn fun to knie up though? It is so warm and cuddly looking, I really hope it snows so you can really enjoy wearing it!!

    ReplyDelete