Tuesday 13 November 2012

Finished Knitting - Beret With a Bow



Please excuse the make up less face, I just had to show you the latest thing I have kitted because I am so proud of it!
It is a beret with a bow.

The pattern I used was by the lovely Helen Limbrick of 40 per cent fringe, 60 per cent face.
The pattern itself is knitted on the flat and is very simple and easy to follow. Its a great pattern, I would even recommend this to beginners like myself.

The yarn I used was King Cole Galaxy double knit in red. The yarn is 65 per cent acrylic, 31 per cent wool and 4 per cent other.
The yarn actually has tiny sequins already on it, so it knits up a lovely sparkly fabric, although the sequins did make sewing up my work difficult, I had to cut them off to sew up the hat! 


6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really like the yarn you have used. The colour is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I have a couple of balls in grey too, I think the sparkle in it is lovely for the festive season!

      Delete
  2. That's so cute! The colour really suits you well ^^
    I'm only able to knit scarves, i hope I can do something like that someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      This hat isn't too hard, once you learn to decrease it is essentially one piece of knitting you sew up!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow this I lovely, the colour is really nice on you too. I'd love to be able to knit x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      If you are looking to learn, the Knitty Gritty by Aneeta Patel is the book I used to get started, its fab!

      Delete